MTN scholarship 2023
The MTN scholarship 2023, is organised by the MTN Foundation for undergraduates who are studying science and tech-related courses.
500 Nigerian students are awarded the scholarship which covers their tuition, stipends and books allowance. The MTN foundation scholarship is available for every Nigerian student who is interested.
In this post, you get to know more about the MTN scholarship 2023, and how to apply.
So if you are studying an undergraduate course or programme, then you are good to go. Just follow the guide in this post to apply for the scholarship, you may be lucky to win.
Eligibility for the MTN Scholarship 2023
For you to apply for the mtn scholarship you must meet their criteria for selection, if not you will be disqualified.
Below are the steps to follow to make up for the scholarship.
- The participant must be Nigerian students.
- Applicants must be efficient in the use of the English language
- Must be in the third year in any public tertiary institution with a 3.5CGPA or its equivalent second-class upper
- Applicants must be 300-level students before applying for the MTN Scholarship
How to apply for the scholarships
Here are the ways for you to apply for the MTN scholarship 2023.
To apply, on your browser
- Visit the scholarship link https://foundation.mtnonline.com/scholarship/stss
- Get the MTN foundation scholarship through the MTN foundation scholarship portal.
- Click on the scholarship form publications
- Follow the instructions to register
- Remember, you print out your scholarship registration slip
- The last line is to wait for feedback.
What you should know about the MTN Scholarship
The MTN scholarship scheme is an annual award that is aimed at recognising and rewarding high-performing students in both science and technology.
It comprises the MTN Science and Technology scholarships scheme (MST SS) and the MTN scholarship scheme for blind students.
This scheme provides scholarships to a minimum of 500 students on full-time studies at accredited institutions (universities, colleges of education and polytheistic) a crow the six geo-political zones in Nigeria.
To be considered for the;
- Applicants Must Be Nigerian Students.
- Applicants Must Be Proficient In the English Language.
- 3rd-year students from Public Tertiary Institutions with a 3.5 CGPA or its equivalent Second Class Upper HND Students with a minimum of 3.0GPA (Upper credit) at their OND Programme Scholarships will be renewed for the existing students who have maintained a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit).
- Blind students studying any discipline in their 2nd and 3rd year, with a minimum CCPA of 2.5 or its equivalent, are open to applying for the SBSS.
- Applicants must be eligible 300-level students studying Science & Technology related courses and blind students studying in Public Tertiary Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education) across Nigeria.
Also, read Top 10 Competitions available for Nigerian students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- On annual basis, a minimum of 500 students are awarded Scholarships of N200, 000.00 (Two hundred thousand Naira) each to cover tuition, book allowances and stipend for one academic year.
- Under the first phase of the project, the MTNF Scholarship award was presented to 500 successful candidates in 2nd year of study in science & technology-related disciplines across 44 Federal & State-owned tertiary institutions.
Documents Required for Application
They will be required to come with 2 recent passport photographs as well as the original and photocopy of the following documents:
The valid Student ID card
Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study
Admission letter for the HND programs (For Polytechnic students only)
Deadline For Application 2023
The MTN Foundation Scholarship administration has set the 15th of August 2022 as the latest closing date/deadline. All qualified and interested applicants should take advantage of this window and complete all registration requirements.