How to link NIN to Airtel in 2024
Since the government has made it compulsory for every mobile phone users in Nigeria to link their NIN to their simcard, many people have failed to do so. This has led to some simcard been blocked , if you are one of them, this post will help you link NIN to Airtel line.
Inorder for your simcard not to be block all you have to do is to link your NIN to your Simcard. If you don’t know how to do it your self, this post will help you link your NIN to your Airtel line yourself.
Before we progress let’s discuss what NIN is all about.
What is NIN
NIN is an acronym for National identification number, it’s an identity, unique 11 numbers that differentiates a registered citizens of Nigeria from another.
Normally this NiN is an identity numbers that can be used to track a certain citizens of Nigeria. NIN is similar to the alphanumeric code on your international passport, just that NIN is only made up of 11 numbers no alphabets added.
How to get my NIN in Nigeria
Before Linking your NIN to your Airtel line you must first of all have registered in any of the Nigerian identity management commission (NIMC). This is where you will be assigned an identity management number that will be used in linking your Airtel line.
So the following steps should be taken seriously when applying for your NIN.
- Visit any NIMC office near you
- Apply for a NIN enrolment slip
- Input your full names, accordingly, example, your name , date of birth, state of origin. Mother maiden name
- Submit your application
- Then wait for your tracking number
- Wait for a week, then go back to collect your NIN slip.
How to link NIN to your Airtel Line
With the deadline given by the government the best thing to do is for you to link your NIN to your mobile number to avoid getting your number blocked. That’s why this post will help you link NIN to Airtel line.
The first criteria is getting your government issued link number, then the second thing is to get your Airtel line linked using the NIN number. Let’s get into details,
If after you have gotten your government issued NIN, then you will need to use any of the following methods to link NIN to Airtel line using the NIN you registered earlier.
Quick read How to cancel call forwarding on Airtel
You can choose from the three methods listed below to link your NIN to your Airtel line.
1. Link NIN to Airtel using the USSD code
This method is the fastest, easiest and most fastest method of linking your NIN to Airtel line.
You don’t really need a smartphone or to connect to the internet to link your NIN. All you should do is to dial some simple code and your NIN will be linked automatically.
- Dial *121# on your Airtel line
- You will be asked to input your 11 digits NIN code
- Once you are done, you will receive a thank you message for entering your NIN
- You will be asked to either enter your other Airtel line or end the process
- If you have another Airtel line then repeat the process, if no end it.
- You will receive a confirmation message, thanking you for providing your NIN details. An SMS message will be sent to you once the NIN has been validated.
That was so simple and fast, you can now do that by yourself.
2. How to link NIN to Airtel online
This is another methods that allows you link your NIN to your Airtel number. This method is fast, easy and reliable. This is because you will do it via the Airtel portal and you will need an internet connection for that.
This is quite unlike the ussd methods, you will need a smartphone and a steady internet connection to link NIN to Airtel line.
- Visit the Airtel official site
- Click on NIN
- Enter your Airtel number on the space provided
- Click on send “OTP”
- Enter your email address or valid phone number, click on proceed
- Enter the OTP and confirm
- Enter your NIN and confirm
That was very simple, fast and reliable, you can try that with your Airtel line
That’s not all, you can also link NIN to Airtel using the NIMC mobile app. Let’s show you how it works.
3.How to link NIN to Airtel line using the NIMC mobile app
You can also link your NIN via the NIMC mobile app, which allows you to link your Airtel line easily. But you must have access to the internet.
To enable you link your NIN to your Airtel line using the NIMC mobile app, you will need to follow these steps.
- Download the NIMC mobile ID app on Google Play store or Apple store.
- Enter your 11 digits NIN
- Enter the verification OTP
- Click on “my devices “
- Click on the mobile number and the OTP and confirm.
That was so simple right.
What is the code to link NIN on Airtel
Linking your NIN to your Airtel line is quite easy, you can link yours using the Airtel ussd code.
The Airtel ussd code for linking NIN is *121#, once you have dialled the code, follow the prompt response.
How do I know if my Airtel line is linked
Sometimes you may want to check your NIN number, to be sure it’s linked. This can be done using the ussd code *121*1#.
- Dial *121*1# on your phone
- If you received a message indicating that you have successfully submitted your NIN, that means your NIN has been linked.
- If you didn’t receive any, just know that your number hasn’t been linked. You will need to re- do the linking again.
How can I check numbers linked to my NIN
The question now how do I check my NIN status , some may feel worried if their line has been linked to their NIN. If you are one of those Airtel users, the best you should do is to check.
You can check this using this ussd codes listed below
- Dial *584# and your 11 digits number and send it.
Or you can use this method
- Dial *996#
- Press and send your number
Once you have submitted, you will receive an SMS telling whether your NIN has been linked or not.
The government deadline is getting close why not rush now to link NIN to Airtel in 2024. The steps involved is easy and it’s cheap, all you should do is to focus on following the steps listed above.
Am a tech enthusiast who loves sharing tech tips and how to do step by step tutorials.