BVN Codes for all Banks 2023
Are you having a problem checking your bank BVN, do you want to check your BVN without having to go to your bank? We have good news for you, you can now check your account BVN number with your phone without visiting the bank.
Probably you didn’t know you can check your bank verification number with your phone by dialling some simple ussd codes, in the comfort of your home.
That means If you have forgotten your BVN or you probably don’t have it offhand. Don’t worry as we will be showing you how to check BVN codes for all banks. You can do so by using the simple ussd codes that will be listed here.
With these codes, you can check your bank BVN number for all banks such as Access Bank, GT Bank, Fidelity Bank and the rest of other prominent banks in Nigeria.
About Bank Verification Number ( NIN)
In Nigeria’s banking industry, bank customers are given a unique identifying number called a “Bank Verification Number” (BVN). Additionally, each bank user is subject to biometric authentication to facilitate electronic and cashless transfers using a certain set of digits.
The Central Bank of Nigeria introduced biometric data to stop or reduce unlawful banking transactions. Therefore, without your BVN, no one can access your bank PIN or even your signature.
Your account information and biometric data are therefore secure in the database. The effectiveness of banks is also improved. This helps in reducing fraud and other illegal activities in the banking sector.
Importance of BVN in the banking sector
1. In addition to allowing bank customers to engage in future banking, BVN raises the possibility of identifying customers who are on a blacklist.
2. increases the effectiveness of banking operations
3. All Nigerian banks accept the customer’s unique BVN as a form of identification.
4. Your account information and biometric data are therefore secure in the database. The effectiveness of banks is also improved.
5. In Nigeria, BVN offers a distinct identity that can be verified across all banks.
6. BVN guards against unauthorised access to customers’ bank accounts and account information.
7. It aids in addressing identity theft issues, hence reducing fraudulent actions.
How to check BVN using the ussd methods
It is very easy to search for your BVN number on a mobile device. Simply use the phone number connected to your bank account to dial the BVN code. All Nigerian commercial banks as well as MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, and 9MOBILE networks are subject to this code.
The BVN code is not therefore exclusive. It is compatible with any Nigerian bank or network. Once you have a mobile phone, you can check your BVN at any time and from any location.
How to get BVN codes for all banks on MTN
You can easily check your Bank Verification Number with your MTN sim by following the steps below;
- Simply dial *565*0#
- Wait for a few seconds to receive your 11-digits
How to get BVN codes for all banks on Airtel
Just like MTN, you can check your BVN on your Airtel line by following the steps below;
- Just dial the magic code-*565*0#
- Then wait for a few seconds for NIBSS to send your unique 11-digits
How to get BVN codes for all banks on 9mobile
As a 9mobile subscriber, checking your BVN is no big deal as you can do so by following the steps below;
- Just start by dialling *565*0#
- and within a few seconds, you will receive your 11 digits.
How to get BVN codes for all banks on Glo
Checking your BVN codes using the ussd code as a Glo subscriber is a bit easy and simple. Just follow the steps below;
- Simply start by dialling *565*0#
- Thereafter, you wait for a split second to receive your 11-digits from NIBSS
How to get BVN codes for all Banks in Nigeria
As I have promised, to show you the various methods to get BVN codes for all banks in Nigeria. Here we are listing out the methods for getting your BVN from home.
How to get BVN codes for Access bank
To check your BVN on Access Bank, you will need to dial *901# on the number used in opening the bank account. Follow the instructions listed to be able to get access to bank BVN without stress.
How to get BVN codes for First Bank
First Bank is known as one of the best banks in Nigeria with a huge customer base and fast banking apps. Just dial *565*0# to check your
How to get BVN codes for FCMB
Having to check your B N You can easily check the BVN code for FCMB by dialling *565*0#.
How to get BVN codes for UBA
It is easier to get your BVN using the ussd code than having to go to the bank. To get your BVN on UBA Kindly dial *565*0# on your registered mobile number to retrieve your UBA BVN.
To get more details on how to get your BVN codes for all banks click Here
How to get your BVN codes online
You can also get your BVN online by logging into your bank app. But this method requires an Internet connection, unlike the methods of the ussd code.
To check your BVN codes online you will have to
- Simply log into your Internet banking app
- Click on the option-check BVN
Your BVN will be displayed on the left side of your dashboard.
It is advised you keep your BVN secret, it should not be shared with anyone, not even a close relative.
will I be charged for checking my BVN
You will be charged N10 checking your BVN, it will be deducted from your account. If you don’t have up to what you will have in your account you can’t check your BVN.
How to register for your BVN
Once you open a bank account the first thing to do is to register your BVN. What this mean is you should link your BVN to your new account.
- You need to go to any branch of the bank you open an account with. I will advise you to go to the exact one you opened the account with.
- Collect, fill and submit the BVN enrolment form
- Enter all your biometrics correctly i.e. fingerprints, image capturing and account details.
- Then you will be given a confirmation slip, that is evidence that your BVN has been registered.
- Wait for like 24 hours to revive an sms confirming your BVN
What you shouldn’t do with your BVN
Below are the dos and don’t of using your BVN
- Never share your BVN codes with anyone
- Don’t save your BVN on your phone
- Don’t allow people to use your bank ussd code or even to log into your dashboard.
- Don’t open an account without you having to link your BVN.
Some people find it hard to memorise their BVN and it’s not also advised you save it on your phone. This post enables you to know how to check your BVN using the ussd codes even without having an Android phone.
Also, note that you may have up to 10 bank accounts in Nigeria, but all of them must have 1 BVN code. So you see why your BVN is also important.
Am a tech enthusiast who loves sharing tech tips and how to do step by step tutorials.